Saturday, January 23, 2010

Name Change

This past week we discovered a different name that we really like for our little lady. This is groundbreaking considering we've stuck with the same name since the day of our wedding. We were married on October 22, which made us fall in love with the name Autumn if we ever had a girl. Then, we decided on Autumn Marie in recent months. It has been sort of a coincidental tradition in my family for girls to take their mom's name as their middle. My full name is Marie Patricia after my biological mom, Patricia.

So, I was looking through a baby name book that we have called A is for Atticus and found the name Harper. This sounds kind of perfect, coupled with Harper Marie. And then you consider Harper Lee was the author of To Kill a Mockingbird, which is the source of Atticus's name. Even better, is one of our favorite artists Ben Harper. To seal the deal, we asked Atticus to say Harper. As sweetly, clearly, and in as much as he can pronounce "rrr"... he said Harper!! It melts our heart. And this is why I think we found a new name.

9 comments:

Alicia said...

Marie, I love it! Very cute name and it sounds like there is many reasons to love it!

Ashley said...

Oh my, that is perfect! Atticus and Harper. So sweet.

Anonymous said...

Marie, that's so cute! I was looking forward to Autumn Marie, but I love Harper, too! I was in the bookstore today looking at baby books, and was surprised to see a baby names book titled "A is for Atticus" :) Can't wait to see you soon, you'll be so prego! :)

MOSblue said...

Thanks! It's definitely growing on me... Adam is totally sold!

Lindsay said...

So cute Marie.. Love it! Not many kids will have her name... So that's always a plus =) I think it gives them some spunk!

KristinaAC said...

I love the way Atticus and Autumn sounded together too...but yeah, I'm gonna love this little girl and everything about her the minute I see her, regardless! I cant believe you are getting so close! And I get to see you and Atticus in two weeks!! It's going to be fab!! <3<3<3

Robyn Maughan said...

I really like it! I love that you have so many reasons to love it. We are excited for you to begin the adventure of TWO KIDS. It's fun

Unknown said...

I wish you would make up your mind. Is it Autumn or now is it Harper? I am so confused. Henry Rules.

Tiff and Trev said...

I love it Marie! It's funny because I have a friend who is going to name her first boy Atticus (She has two girls) and they named their second girl Harper for the same reason! That's so fun! I miss you! We need to call and catch up!