Monday, August 3, 2009

One Year Birthday!

Atticus's birthday marked many milestones. He saved a couple of them for his special day!
Our Landlord Bruce built an industrially, sturdy swing set and included a seat just for Atticus. Atticus officially became a "big boy" on his first year birthday because ironically he became unafraid of his swing on his big day!


On his birthday, he kept pointing his finger in the air so it looked like he was telling everyone that he was turning "1". It was sooo cute!

He was really just pointing to things he likes. The basketball hoop is a third world wonder to him... we think he might be a basketball player in the making.
Atticus's birthday cake consisted of the infamous chocolate-chocolate cake from Costco! Of course this was my choice-I figured I should have say on this since it was just as much my own celebration of giving birth one year ago. Atticus didn't really like the sticky, gooey sensation. I planted the chocolate spots on his face to get a good picture.

3 comments:

Tiff and Trev said...

He is so adorable, Marie!!! I bet he's so much fun too! I wish you were here so we could get the babies together. I can't believe how big he is! But that's how boys should be :o). I love you and think about you a lot....I need to call. Where does the time go?

Grandma Bailey said...

Happy Birthday Atticus! We wish you were closer.

Genevieve said...

I'm so glad you posted some pics of Atticus' first birthday, he is darling!! I hope you guys are doing well. We were at SEA-TAC for an hour layover on our way home from Alaska and I thought of you guys :)