Saturday, November 21, 2009

Adam's Birthday Surprise

Adam's birthday was this past Tuesday November 17th. Luckily, this was already a scheduled day off for him so I had the day all planned out in advance without his knowing. When he woke up on his birthday, he was surprised to know I had taken the day off and made childcare arrangements (thanks Sara!) to spend a very eventful day together. It started out with an ultrasound to find out the sex of our next baby (did I fail to mention before we are expecting #2!?). Going into it and all along, Adam was confident and determined "it" was a girl. He said he had a "feeling". He really wanted a little girl. I on the other hand, was truly ready and expecting another boy, and very happy with the idea. No matter what we had previously thought, the results were shocking to us both. We're having a GIRL!!!
This little tike is all set to become her "daddy's girl" now since this was such an amazing birthday gift for Adam, followed by lunch at Chipotle and an afternoon movie of course. We saw Pirate Radio, which was the perfect birthday movie for my diehard music fan.



8 comments:

Grandma Bailey said...

Congratulations. Clyde wouldn't trade being a father to any of his girls. I on the other hand envy every mother who has a son. I love all of my daughters but always wanted a boy.

Ashley said...

A boy and girl, so perfect! Congratulations! How close together are those kiddos going to be? You are going to be one busy momma! Then in about it a year it is going to be awesome when they keep each other entertained all day. I'm so excited for you!

MOSblue said...

Thank you! They'll be 22 months apart, so we couldn't have planned it better. I can't WAIT for Atticus to go to his sister to play instead of me! :)

Alicia said...

How fun! A boy now a girl that is really just perfect!! Congrats to you guys!

MOSblue said...

It is quite perfect, we are SO blessed!

Anonymous said...

This is so exciting!!! :) I'm so glad you posted pics! Oo I can't wait for her to progress!

Robyn Maughan said...

Congrats you three! I had no idea! A boy and a girl, so sweet. I have got to try for number three in a while and I so need a girl!

Genevieve said...

Congrats, that is so great. I hope you have been feeling ok. Having a girl will be such fun and Atticus will just love his baby sister!!