Saturday, November 7, 2009

Fall Madness

The month of October was pure madness! Every weekend it felt like something was planned around Halloween festivities and our one-week Orlando vacation (more to come). Unfortunately, all the hype of Halloween was short-lived when it finally became October 31st. We endured a lot with Atticus in October, so when Halloween finally came our patience was short. We quickly learned that Atticus hates dressing up as we forced his lion costume and make-up on 30 minutes before Trunk or Treat. The next day, we drove an hour to Bremerton to spend Halloween with Great Grandpa & Grandma Hammill. They had a Halloween party at the VFW, which Atticus wouldn't happily keep his costume on during. Then, a chinese food restaurant for dinner which goes down for Atticus's worst behaved at a restaurant. He was overly tired from not having his regular nap that day, so we knew trick or treating with him would be out of the question. Fortunately, we seemed to capture some sweet moments of him over our long weekend...
Happy as a clown with chocolate and his lion costume taken off, but now dressed as a girl with his fitted Old Navy Halloween shirt that I later realized later was meant for a girl (Yes Tiff, I saw Brooklyn wearing hers on your blog! LoL)
Not bad keeping his make-up in tact...
Nice picture with our neighbor and friend Camilla.
It grew on him...


Finished product.
Kids truly are wired to be "helpers".
Just leanin' on my pumpkin
Pumpkin Patch ride.

3 comments:

Tiff and Trev said...

My GOODNESS!! He's such a big boy! When did that happen?! I'm sorry he didn't last for trick-or-treating, but it's probably better anyway...because then he would eat a bunch of candy & be wired! We miss you guys SO SO much!!! How goes the pregnancy? How was Orlando? We must talk.... Call me. You have much better luck than me calling you and getting some "hearing impaired" message....

KristinaAC said...

Where did your little baby go!? He looks so grown up in these photos... it makes me a little sad, so I can only imagine how it is for you! Good think number two is on the way!

Anonymous said...

Haha.. I love the "Just leanin' on my pumpkin" photo. He looks like he feels so accomplished, even though I'm sure it was Dad doing the work. LOL!

PS: It's about time you updated! :)